Difference between revisions of "Hurricane Irma 2017"
(→Documents and Definitions)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
*Definition of Loan Equipment
*Definition of Loan Equipment
Revision as of 18:58, 7 September 2017
Contact Us | firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Role in Disaster Response
Reutilized assistive technology, especially durable medical equipment, plays an important role in providing temporary devices to people with disabilities impacted by disasters that result in the loss of devices or create new needs. The Pass It On Center (PIOC) works with AT Act Programs and their nonprofit affiliates in other states and territories to provide safe, appropriate interim devices until a new, permanent device becomes available. PIOC partners with other organizations that serve individuals with disabilities to respond to disasters by identifying needs and collecting and distributing gently used devices.
We are currently working with the Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies, Portlight and a number of other organizations in our nationwide network, to respond to the needs of those affected by Hurricane Irma. We welcome the support of all organizations who would like to participate in our efforts. Contact us at email@example.com.
Pass It On Center Website Resources
- Visit the Pass It On Center at http://www.passitoncenter.org
- The Knowledge Base which is a collection of resources, articles, links, and videos that highlight best and successful practices in assistive technology (AT) reuse. http://passitoncenter.org/kb.php.
- The Reuse Locations database is where you can identify and connect with your local assistive technology (AT) reuse program. Simply click on your state or fine-tune your search by types of reuse activity, equipment and even ages served. http://www.passitoncenter.org/reuse_locations.php.
- Want to see assistive technology (AT) reuse an action? Visit the Pass It On Center YouTube channel to see videos on various ways to sanitize, refurbish, store and distribute assistive technology and durable medical equipment. https://www.youtube.com/user/PassItOnCenter.
Documents and Definitions
- How to Match Equipment
- How to Measure Equipment
- Definition of Loan Equipment
Pass It On Center Equipment Return Labels - This equipment is loaned through The Pass It On Center Network Disaster Response Effort and should not interfere with an individual's ability to receive new equipment if they are eligible. When you have finished using this equipment, please return it to the organization where you received it or to your local reuse program. Please go to [www.passitoncenter.org www.passitoncenter.org] to find your local reuse program.
Augmentative and Alternative communication (AAC) - Children and adults with severe speech/language disabilities often use Augmentative and Alternative communication (AAC).
Special Education Displacement Guidance
Dialysis Needs - Individuals needing kidney dialysis should connect with their local ESRD Network.
US Department of Homeland Security Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties - Under Disaster Preparedness (expand the section)
- Guidance to State and Local Governments and Other Federally Assisted Recipients Engaged in Emergency Preparedness, Response, Mitigation, and Recovery Activities on Compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Accommodating Individuals with Disabilities in the Provision of Disaster Mass Care, Housing, and Human Services